Bantam/High School Membership Program
The Minnesota Advancement Program is the Elite division within FHIT Hockey. The MAP was created for individuals who want to compete alongside elite players and be challenged by elite coaches. The MAP develops hockey players during the 8 months outside of the High School season and mentors, scouts and recruits players during the 4 months of the High School season. For 14 years, the MAP has worked tirelessly to offer everything a player needs to develop.
*To be eligible for the Bantam membership you must have played as a 1st or 2nd year bantam in the 2019 - 2020 hockey season. If you are still a PEEWEE please check out our MAP Futures Membership.
When: MAP runs from March (the week after the Boys State HS Tourney) – November. We offer over 160 hours of ice.
MAP Membership Day includes:
- 1 hour of on-ice skills & position specific training
- 1 hour of off-ice development
- 1 hour of off-ice shooting & stick handling clinic
Additional MAP Features include:
- Player ice and dryland testing – offered every month
- Nutrition Seminars
- Mental Skills Classroom and Online Training
- Competitive league and small area games
- Personal Video Database/ Unlimited Video storage
- FHIT Academy access
- Guidance for Junior or College Hockey Planning
On average, players come two-three times per week. (Total number of ice hours is 160, that equals $19 per hour not including any of the shooting, or dry-land!)
Spring Ice Schedule:
1 hour of ice will be offered 5 days a week Sunday - Thursday. Ice times will be between 3:00pm - 8:00pm. Thursday is Game Day.
Summer Ice Schedule:
1 hour of ice will be offered 5 days a week Monday - Friday. Typically players will have 2 morning time slots, 2 afternoon time slots, and 1 day around the 12:00pm time slot. Friday is Game Day.
Fall Ice Schedule:
1 hour of ice will be offered 4 days a week Monday - Thursday. Ice times will be between 3:00pm - 8:00pm. Thursday is Game Day.
There is a 2 step process to becoming a MAP Member for the MAP Season.
- Application: Complete the online application, you will hear from our staff within 24hours that your application has been received. All current applicants will be notified of their status after they have been scouted by a MAP Director.
- Purchase: All accepted players will be notified that they are accepted into the MAP program. Registration is complete and the players spot is secured once players have submitted a deposit for the MAP Season.
At this time The MAP staff is only accepting 40 players from each graduating class.